Wednesday 4 September 2013

Too much for me...

Since most of the time I'm dining alone, therefore when I feel like eating something or when my stomach is controlling my body and mind, I will still go for it despite of the fact that I'm dining alone. However...

'Special Dinner Combo'
Frankly speaking, this ended up to be something too big for me to handle.
Even though I managed to finish up most of it within an hour or so, but
I ended up spending another 3 or 4 hours waiting for my stomach to digest
most of it, before I continue digging into the generous portion of 'Potato
Wedges' at home. (In fact, luckily I have requested for a tube of 'Brown Sauce'
when I takeaway the rest of it(the 'Potato Wedges'), otherwise I will have
problem finishing everything.) =.=""" Even though, I took a crazily long
time to finish up everything, but surprisingly, the 'Potato Wedges' didn't
ended up to be too soft. In fact, it still remains to be pretty delicious
when I dipped them inside the 'Brown Sauce'. On top of that, the 'Wedges'
aren't too oily at all(before and after the takeaway. :P) and I think that
the taste doesn't lose out to the much more common 'French Fries'. :D

By the way, the set meal not only comes with 'Potato Wedges' only. It also
comes with 'Whole Pork Knuckle', 'German Sausages', 'Whipped Potato', 'Achar',
'Sautéd Vegetables' and also 'Brown Sauce'. The 'German Sausage' are a big
disappointment. Although the texture are pretty bouncy, but the taste of it
is a big disappointment. The taste of it is much more closer to a regular
'Hot Dog' than a 'German Sausage'. :| As for the 'Achar' and 'Whipped Potato'
the taste of it are acceptable but definitely not something that's super
fantastic. As for the rest of the vegetables, I don't really care about it.
Especially when my main motive that particular day were mainly on the meaty
stuff itself. The vegetables are mainly there to help me to feel much more
better. (Especially, when I feasting on some many sinful stuff. :P By the way,
I still manage to finish up the whole plate of vegetables even though I'm
ultra full already.)

As for the 'Whole Pork Knuckle', the skin are far more crispier than the
ones that I have eaten over the past few years. On top of that, the meat
isn't too stiff and too dry. And setting the bones aside, I don't find
the process of slicing up the flesh of the 'Knuckle' to be too difficult,
which is another big (+). Anyway for slow eaters, you can add/pour some
'Brown Sauce' over the 'Knuckle' as and when the flesh are getting much
more harder and difficult to be sliced up. :P (Just take note of the amount
that you are pouring on it. Though the 'Brown Sauce' over here are pretty
good, but it can get real salty when you pour excessive amount over your
food. :D)

So where can you give this a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Stew Küche'.
It's located inside one of the coffee shops along 'Bukit Merah Lane'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    Tuesdays - Fridays:
    Lunch: 11:00 - 15:00
    Dinner: 17:00 - 22:00

    Saturdays - Sundays:
    Lunch: 11:00 - 15:00
    Dinner: 17:00 - 23:00
    (Closed on Mondays)
  • By the way, here's the catch. The 'Special Dinner Combo' cost less than S$40 only. Not only it tastes good, the portion is big enough to be shared among 3~4 average adults too. :D
* Click here for the 'Facebook Page' of 'Stew Küche'.
^ Click here for the location of the coffee shop along 'Bukit Merah Lane'.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find and get along 'Bukit Merah Lane'.

No comments:

Post a Comment