Thursday 21 June 2012

The original taste of Carrot Cake...

I'm not sure whether I'm getting older and older or it's just me, but I sort of miss the good old days where one can get 'Carrot Cake Sticks' from a hawker centre or a market...

But what's a 'carrot cake stick'?
The appearance is pretty much similar as the modern French Fries. Except for the fact that the size is slightly much thicker and shorter and it's brownish in colour. I used to remember those days where I would get 1 big packet and eat slowly... :P Though I don't see much of it nowadays... :( Either ways time to move back to the main topic...


Although this is pretty much the same as the 'Carrot Cake' that you
are getting in a hawker centre but the taste is slightly different.
The texture of the carrot cake is slightly softer and the shape of
the carrot cake reminds me of 'Carrot Cake sticks'. On top of the
texture and the good taste, according to relevant resources, this
is one of the carrot cake stalls in Singapore that is making his own
'Carrot Cake' mixture. Pretty hard to find stalls like this nowadays.
(By the way, though I have placed an order for a plate of 'white
carrot cake', but it still turn out to be a bit brownish... so I
wonder how black or how brownish the black carrot cake will look like.)

So where to get this delicious plate of 'Carrot Cake'?

The name of the stall would be 'Bukit Merah View Carrot Cake'(红山景菜头粿).
It's located in 'Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 7am - 2pm, 6pm - 1am daily

* Click here for the location of 'Bukit Merah View Market and Food Centre' on
  Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment