Wednesday 9 May 2012

Twin Chef or 2 Chefs?

If you have been staying in Commonwealth area over the past few decades, you would have heard of this infamous dining place located near 'Commonwealth Crescent Market and Food Centre'. So what's so great about this place?

Photos of food coming up next. :D

'Drunken(Cold) Cockles'
A sinful plate of cold cockles topped with chilli padi, garlic,
spring onions sauce. I love the way they are marinating the
Cockles, especially when the sauce have diluted the strong
odour of the smelly Cockles and at the same time added a spicy
touch to it. Although too much Cockles can be bad for your health
but one can never resist good food. By the way, If you don't have
the habit of eating cold Cockles or you haven't tried cold Cockles
before, you probably want to try one or two pieces during your first
attempt. :)


'Butter Pork Ribs'
Throughout your childhood having you tried eating 'Milo Powder'
from a 'Milo' Tin can before? I got to admit that I used to do
that back then. :P But what does this got to do with this dish?
The pork ribs of this dish are coated with a layer of butter
powder, which reminds me of full cream milk powder. Taking a bite
off the dish sort of reminds me of the 'Milo' powder that I had
mentioned earlier. But this dish comes with a sweet taste, which
is nice, and the pork ribs are so chewy that makes it even more
irresistible.

By the way this is one of their signature dishes and I have yet
found the same dish in some other Chinese Restaurants.


'Fragrance Chicken'
When the waitress have place this dish on our table, I was
thinking that this dish wasn't that much of a big deal.
Then I quietly move back to my Drunken(Cold) Cockles again.
But, my friend was trying this and he suddenly pointed out
that this was good. Astonished, I decided to give it a try.
He was correct this dish has turned out to be pretty good.
Although the name sounds pretty boring but the Chicken has
this spicy taste that to some extent, I was thinking whether
I'm eating 'Tom Yam' chicken. It's not just spicy and there's
definitely something much more to it that makes me think that
this dish is as good as the 'Butter Pork Ribs'.

So name of the place?

The name of this place would be 'Two Chefs Eating Place'.
It's located near Commonwealth MRT station.

Note:
  • Operating Hours: 11.30am - 2.30pm / 5pm - 11.30pm (Daily)
  • Contact Number: +65 6472 5361
  • This place doesn't have air conditioning so it's a challenge between the hot weather or good, better and affordable food. Which one will you choose?
  • Make a reservation as early as possible. Especially if you are going there on a weekend nights. Trust me for this.
* Click here for the location of 'Two Chefs Eating Place'.

No comments:

Post a Comment