Sunday 2 October 2011

Teochew Porridage for Lunch

While I was undergoing the search of the good 'Yam Cake' at Taman Jurong Market and Food Centre, I decided to make an effort to try some of the stalls there. This would be one of the stalls that I had tried at Taman Jurong Market and Food Centre. Since I haven't been eating Teochew Porridge for a very long period, I decided to give this stall a try. Especially, when the porridge that they have prepared had sweet potatoes in it.


Ya, I do understand that the pictures were pretty bad, but I wouldn't want to be taking shots in front of the stall. That won't be a very nice move. As for myself, I tried not to take pictures at a very close distance especially when these stall owners had to make an earning and they can be annoyed/disturbed by photo taking photographers.


This is it. After spending 5-10 minutes queueing up for the food, I have ordered a bowl of porridge and a few side dishes. :D After trying the porridge and the side dishes, this sort of explains everything. No wonder there's a long queue outside this stall. The sweet potatoes that comes with the porridge were neither too hard or too soft, which makes it perfect. :D On top of the porridge, the Fish Cake that they have made themselves were delicious. The fish cake not only contains fish meat, there's also some vegetables in it and somehow the taste of all the ingredients can blend perfectly together, which makes it ultra yummy. :D

Some notes to remember:
  • The store doesn't seems to be opened on Sundays.
  • Some dishes that one must try: Sweet Potatoes Porridge, Home-made Fish Cake, Squid


* Click here for the location of Taman Jurong Market and Food Centre.
^ Click here for some other delicacies located at Taman Jurong area.

No comments:

Post a Comment