Friday 30 September 2011

A Good Biryani doesn't need Curry

I'm not sure for the whole lot of you people out there, but usually I will eat my Biryani Rice with Fish Curry. By adding Fish Curry to the Biryani, it will also add more taste and a spicy touch to the Biryani Rice. But after making a visit to the following place, I was wrong. A very good Biryani doesn't requires the step of pouring Curry on top of Biryani Rice.

As usual, photo comes first

This is it... A Chicken Dum Biryani...
If you love Biryani's, it's a must for you to try a Dum Biryani.
What makes a Dum Biryani so special was the way they made it.
A real Dum Biryani usually requires the step of cooking the Chicken
and the Biryani rice together. It's very difficult to find places that
sell genuine Dum Biryani in Singapore nowadays, except for places like Little India.


Yes, I do know that this picture looks similar to the previous one.
I wanted to show you ingredients inside the Dum Biryani but I failed miserably.
As for the Chicken Dum Biryani that I have ordered, I was given a lot of Biryani Rice
and a Chicken Drumstick and a boiled egg. And trust me, the amount of rice that was
given was very generous. In fact, the waiter was trying to suggest to me some other
dishes that I should try, as he thinks that the Chicken given in the Dum Biryani was
not sufficient. Luckily, I didn't make an extra order, as I'm pretty full after
eating 1 Chicken Dum Biryani, without any curry. In fact, I was quite amazed with it.
This was probably the first time, I have finish 1 big potion of Chicken Dum Biryani
without the use of any Curry. Whao....

Video of the Chicken Dum Biryani and you probably have to watch the video in full screen mode in order to see the hot steam coming out of the Biryani.



This is the store behind this delicious Chicken Dum Biryani, Thalappakkathu Biryani.
According to my friends and through the Internet, the name 'Thalappakkathu Biryani'
seems to be pretty famous in various parts of India. Whaoo... Since the branch in
Singapore already tastes so good, I wonder how will it taste like in India? :D

Note:
  • They only offers some dishes during the weekends and public holidays. For example: Turkey Dum Biryani.... (looks interesting..:D)
  • This place was in front of the new extension of Mustafa Centre. It's not that difficult to find it.


* Click here to view the location of 'Thalappakkathu Biryani' restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment