Friday 12 April 2013

For the sake of Iron....

Although I'm not a super enthusiastic blood donor, but Iron play a very big role in our body. It's needed in transporting oxygen in our blood. On top of that, our immune system requires Iron to function properly. Therefore since I wanted to do my part for the needy by donating my blood, I have to find ways to maintain my high iron level. Hence...

'Pig Organ Soup'
Since I couldn't eat beef due to religion reasons, therefore the next best
alternative food that is rich in iron would be pig liver. However, I would
only go for a big bowl of pig liver soup, one or two days before I visit
the blood donation centre. Hence, in order to maintain my high iron level,
I would go for a bowl of 'Pig Organ Soup'.

For the sake of readers out there that have not come across the Chinese
'Pig Organ Soup' before, it is a bowl of soup that comes with salted
vegetables and a variety of pig organs. For example: meat balls, pork
intestines, pork liver, pork meat, etc...

As for the 'Pig Organ Soup' or this place, the ingredient that left a
very deep impression on my stomach would be the 'salted vegetables'.
It's pretty salty and I find it pretty nice. However the amount of
'salted vegetables' that was given isn't sufficient. :( On top of that
the other ingredients are pretty nice too and the taste of the soup
is completely filled up with the taste of the pig organs. However, I
think that they have sprinkled too much green vegetables on the soup
that doesn't really blend with the taste of the soup pretty well.

The name of this stall would be 'Say Seng Cooked Food'(生成熟食).
It's located inside 'Albert Centre Market And Food Centre',
which is located near 'Bugis Village'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    Tuesdays - Sundays: 12am - 8pm
    Closed on Mondays
  • The braised pork that they are selling looks pretty good too. I was drooling when I saw the stall owner chopping and serving them on a plate for the customers queueing in front of me.

* Click here for the location of 'Albert Centre Food Centre'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that can be found in 'Albert Centre Market And Food
  Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment