Wednesday 7 December 2011

The 4 Heavenly Snacks of Maxwell Food Centre - Part 3 - How or Hao??

How or Hao?? In Mandarin, the word 'Hao'(好) literary means good, but what I will be introducing today would be 'Hao'(蠔), which simple means 'Oyster' in Mandarin. But what is so special about this 'Oyster' that I am going to introduce to you today?

This would be a 'Deep Fried Oyster Cake'.
If you have eaten a Singaporean Style Deep Fried Prawn Cracker before, this would be something similar. Besides for the fact that the main ingredient, which is the Prawn had been replaced by an Oyster, the rest of the ingredients still remains. The vegetables and the flour skin still remain as per normal. Although it's slightly a bit oily but I love the taste of it. The crunchy skin and the 'Oyster' that was cooked thoroughly was a fantastic combination. Although, the size of the 'Oyster' was not as big as a 'Hiroshima Oyster', I still pay the stall a visit every now and then due to the unforgettable delicious
'Deep Fried Oyster Cake'.


This would be the stall that prepares the delicious 'Deep Fried Oyster Cake'.
It is located inside Maxwell Food Centre.
And if I am not mistaken, the stall will only be opened from evening onwards. :)
(I have a very bad habit I think, I only believe in stalls that server delicated stream of food. For example: I will visit stalls that sells Laksa only and chances that I will visit stalls that server both Laksa and Fishball Noodles would be slightly lower.)

* Click here for some other delicacy that can be found in Maxwell Food Centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment