Thursday 26 April 2012

BBQ-ing in a village

Here I am again, blogging about my little adventure at 'A' village. I have to admit that this place is located near or too near to my current workplace that I just couldn't resists the temptation... And it just so so happen that I have been popping by this 'village' for the second time this week... =="""

Anyway today's menu.

Sambal Kang Kong (Water Spinach) and BBQ Sambal Stingray.


I love BBQ Sambal food. Especially when you take a bite from a
plate of freshly cooked BBQ seafood with spicy and delicious
sambal chilli spread on top of it, the taste is fantastic.
Especially when the chef have prepared this properly, you would
ended up biting and chewing the bones in a corner asking for
more. (I know I'm doing that... How about you?)

Taste wise, it's pretty much similar to all the other BBQ
stalls out there except for the fact that this place is
located the city area and the portion is pretty generous.
But once you add the chilli that was given on a separate
plate to the Stingray, you will be playing with fire.
And I enjoy playing with such fiery fire, pushing my
tongue to the limits...:D
(By the way the one that I had shown in the above was the
smallest plate of Sambal Stingray that they are offering.
They do offer bigger plates of Sambal Stingray, which is
meant to be shared among a large group of people.)


Usually it's the other way round but this Sambal Kang Kong was
much much more tastier that the Sambal Stingray. I enjoy eating
Sambal Kang Kong that was sir fried with a lot of Sambal Chilli
and it doesn't ended up to be too wet nor too dry. One of the best
part of this dish would be the shoots. Once you put it in your
mouth, you will realised that the shoots still have this crunchy
touch and I love chewing these crunchy shoots. Its nice.:D
I reckon that this stall was serving one of the nicest Sambal
Kang Kong that I had eaten over the past few months and it has
also set the standards of a good plate of Sambal Kang Kong.

As per what I had mentioned earlier, this stall is located in 'A' village and

this is the stall serving all the spicy delicacies that I have shared
here. The name of the stall would be 'Star Yong Kwang BBQ Seafood'.

Notes:
  • The dishes can be very spicy and if you are not a big fan of spicy stuff, better try requesting for lesser Sambal chilli to be added to the dishes.
  • Operating Hours: Daily 5 pm - Midnight

* Click here for the map of 'Alexandra Village hawker centre'.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'A' village.

No comments:

Post a Comment