Sunday 15 April 2012

The Past, The Present and The Future

In our life, we will be spending a lot of time looking into our past, thinking of our future and thinking of ways of enjoying our life to the fullest. As for myself, I think I'm spending too much time thinking about food and there are just some stalls that I have been consistently returning to...

Here comes...

This is a simple 'Kway Chap' set. I still can remember the days where I
used to have this for breakfast during the weekends, before I went for my
weekend classes. I enjoyed having this 'Kway Chap' set for lunch every
Wednesday with a bowl of yam rice back then when my previous workplace
was located near this place. When I went back to this stall recently, I
was informed by the stall owners that they have slightly changed the way
they work. Rather than providing yam rice on Wednesday only, they have
been preparing yam rice on a daily basis over the past few months. Too bad
my current workplace isn't located near this place any more.


So what are the ingredients that you are getting at this stall?
There are ingredients like braised hard boiled egg, preserved vegetables,
bean curd and various parts of a pig. Ex: pig intestines, pig skin,
pig meat... etc. As for taste wise, I wouldn't say that this is something
that is super delicious but it's still considerably good. Besides for the
large variety of ingredients that you are getting, the chilli that this
stall has prepared was pretty good too.

So where can you find this stall?

This would be the appearance of the stall. It is located in Tiong Bahru Market.
Besides for 'Kway Chap', this stall also serve duck rice, duck noodles and
duck porridge too. If I'm not mistaken, I think I have tried everything that
they have on their menu and my favourite item would be the duck rice that comes
with yam rice. That is a taste that I would never forget. :D

Note:
  • Besides for option of getting either a bowl of 'Kway' or a bowl of yam rice, you can also get a bowl of noodles to get with the 'Kway Chap' set too.
  • You can also try asking for the Belachan chilli that they have. It blends with the ingredients and the yam rice very well.
  • Operating Hours: 7am - 10pm daily
* Click here for some other good bites located in Tiong Bahru Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment