Tuesday 30 July 2013

Yong's Teochew Kueh...

Since I have travelled all the way up to the Northeast looking for good food and instead of leaving the area without a stomach full of food, I decided to give the other stuff a try. While walking around the area aimlessly, I ended up coming across this shop that sells nothing but different types of 'Teochew Kueh'. Therefore...

Left: 'Soon Kueh'
Right: 'Yam Kueh'

'Yam Kueh'
For a start, I personally find the overall experience eating the 'Yam Kueh'
to be pretty funky. Do not be mistaken, the taste of the 'Yam' itself is
there, but the idea of stuffing 'Yam' and 'Mushroom' into a 'Teochew Kueh'
just doesn't seems right. Although the 'Kueh' is freshly made but the
overall taste of it is kinda weird and funny.

'Soon Kueh'
When I was savouring this, I'm pretty surprise that the 'Soon Kueh'
still remains to be pretty warm. This simply prove that the 'Soon Kueh'
were freshly made and as I was savouring the 'Soon Kueh', the taste of
the crunchy turnip mixed with a bit of vegetables just makes it so much
more tastier. Topped with some of my favourite ingredients like 'Mushrooms'
just simply explains why I couldn't resist the taste of it up till today.

So where can you give the freshly made 'Teochew Kueh' a try?
The name of this shop would be 'Yong's Teochew Kueh'(榮潮州粿).
It's located along Upper Serangoon Road.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    07:00 - 19:00 Daily
* Click here for the location of 'Yong's Teochew Kueh' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment