Tuesday 30 July 2013

A heavy Teochew Porridge for Lunch

How heavy can your lunch be? That's probably one of the common questions that I have been asking myself on a daily basis. If one's appetite can be measured using some electronical device, I wonder how will mine turn out to be. Either way, let's move on to the main topic today. :D

'Teochew Porridge Buffet'
I have given the daily 'Teochew Porridge' lunch promotion a try back then. As far as I
could remember they have a large variety of delicious ingredients and the prices are
pretty reasonable too. (Therefore, if you are a glutton like me, you really can enjoy
it to the maximum.)

For a start, Besides for white rice, they also serve 'Sweet Potato Porridge'(番薯粥),
'Fried Rice', 'Fried Bee Hoon' over here too. Out of all the options listed over here
I think that the 'Sweet Potato Porridge' would be the best and the most filling too.
Just by looking at the big slices of 'Sweet Potato' should pretty much explain
everything. However, if you are a 'Curry' guy, a bowl of white rice should be a better
choice for you. :P (Anyway, I ended up trying most of them.)

As for the ingredients itself, I have list down some of the better one.

'Sichuan' vegetables
It's crunchy and despite of the fact that the slices of chopped chilli are missing,
the taste of it is pretty spicy, which I love it very much. :P

'Teochew Fishcake'
It's pretty chewy and depending on the chef itself, the ingredients used in making
this may varies. As for the one over here, they have stuffed quite a bit of vegetables
inside it.

'Curry Chicken'
Even it's called 'Curry Chicken', there's actually more 'Chicken Drumlets' than anything
else. By the way, the taste of the 'Curry' have blend into the 'Drumlets' completely.
On top of that, the taste of the 'Curry' over here are pretty milky and sweet too. :D

'Braised Egg and Peanuts'
How can one savour a good 'Teochew Porridge' buffet without all these braised stuff?
Even though the taste of the braised sauce are pretty much the same, but I just
couldn't resist these stuff. Just by picking up one peanut after another into my mouth
have definitely made my appetite grown bigger and bigger.

'Preserved vegetables'
If you are into the salty taste of the 'Preserved Vegetables', you have definitely
come to the correct place for it. I only took a small portion of it and due to the
salty taste of it, I almost have difficulty finishing it.

By the way, I think I have ended up having more than 8 'Curry Drumlets' that day and
a bowl of sliced oranges for desserts too. Although the whole buffet last for merely
2 hours only, but it only took me an hour to fill my appetite to the maximum. :P

So where can you give the delicious and affordable 'Teochew Porridge' a try?
The name of this place would be 'The Rajah Inn'.
It's located on level 2 of 'Tiong Bahru Plaza'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    11:30 - 22:00 Daily
    (Last order at 21:30)

    Teochew Porridge Buffet:
    11:30 - 14:30
    Steamboat ala carte buffet:
    17:30 - 22:00

* Click here to find out more about 'The Rajah Inn'.
^ Click here for the 'Facebook' page of 'The Rajah Inn'.

No comments:

Post a Comment