Wednesday 27 March 2013

Though I had my dinner...

But there's always space for small bites or great snacks. Although ice cream would be a much wiser choice on a sunny day, but it can be pretty costly too. And it is times like this that I would start keeping a lookout for small bites near the exact spot where I had my dinner. @@...

'Popiah'
I was observing the way that the stall owners are preparing the food. I'm glad that
they are using 2 circular pieces of 'Popiah' skins to wrap all the ingredients
together. In the bottom of my heart, I already started giving this stall extra points
for using this method in preparing a roll of 'Popiah'. On top of that, they are pretty
fast too. I got my 'Popiah' within a few minutes. Hmm, I wonder if it tastes good...

Though the price of each roll of 'Popiah' is slightly a bit more
costly as the usual ones, but I think that it's pretty worth it. First of all,
generous portion of ingredients were added into the 'Popiah'. Secondly, the
'Popiah' skin doesn't tear apart easily, but that comes with a new problem
too. Since they have wrapped too much ingredients together, therefore the
ingredients are forcing their way out of the 'Popiah', when you try to use
a pair of chopsticks to pick up a piece of 'Popiah'. (Rather than getting
annoyed, I love the fact that they are giving generous portion of ingredients.)
Last but not least, the eating sensation. Most of the time, all the ingredients
that are added into a roll of 'Popiah' were pretty soft. However, the peanuts
that were added into the 'Popiah' isn't fine grind peanuts. In fact, the peanuts
that they were using were giving me a crunchy sensation while savouring each
and every piece of 'Popiah', which turns out to be a pretty good dining experience.

The name of this stall would be 'Te Wei Popiah Rojak Otah'(特味 薄餅 囉喏 烏打).
It's located inside 'LongHouse', which is located along 'Upper Thomson Road'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    11am - 9pm
    (Closed on Wednesdays)
  • In fact, I wanted to give the 'Rojak' a try. However, after overhearing the conversation between stall owner and a customer, I think that by coming back on another day would be a much wiser choice. (The waiting time for a plate of 'Rojak' is 45 minutes... ==""". I hope that such situation would only occur during peak hours and I wonder how would the 'Rojak' taste like if I'm going to add 'Cuttlefish' or 'Century Egg' and 'You Tiao'.)
* Click here for the location of 'LongHouse' on 'Google Maps'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that's located near 'LongHouse'.

No comments:

Post a Comment