Sunday 31 March 2013

My first encounter with 'Osechi Ryouri'

I have spent my New Year for the year 2013 in Japan. Once I get out of bed that morning, I quickly get myself ready for the luxurious breakfast.

During the very last day of 2012,
I have participated in this 'event'.
This annual event was held by the 'Isetan'
departmental store located inside 'JR Kyoto station'.
They will be selling the 'Osechi Ryouri', which is
also known as traditional Japanese New Year food,
over here. In fact, there's already a long queue of
people queueing up for it at 8am in the morning.
I managed to secured a place in the queue 安dget
myself a set of 'Osechi Ryouri' too. O.OV

Here's my reward for queueing up for more than an hour+.

Here's the 'Osechi Ryouri' by 'Izusen' restaurant.


And here's the menu.
According to the menu, there's a mixture of
seafood, meat and vegetables dishes. And I'm
looking forward to taste everything.

Not only luxurious, it looks glamorous and there's
a great variety of tastes. In fact, though most
Japanese will have it for breakfast, but it took
me 2 whole hours to finish up all the food.
I even have to skip my lunch to finish this.
My conclusion for this meal, 'Satisfying'.
(My only regret for this meal, would be the beef
stuff. Since I couldn't eat them, therefore I have
to throw them into the rubbish bin. :( )

* Click here to find out more about the restaurant 'Izusen'. (Japanese website)

No comments:

Post a Comment