Thursday 14 March 2013

Growing Up with Noodles...

Since I have been staying in the same area for the last 20 over years, though it have also undergone a lot of changes, but there ought to be a few places that continues to give me an instant rush of nostalgia. :P

'Fishball Noodles'
This would be one of the place that still continues to make me feel
quite nostalgia. Back then, most of my lunch were taken over here.

But what's so special about this place?
Well, although this place was a coffee shop, but the variety of food
that they are offering over here are pretty limited. As for myself,
I always go for the 'Fishball Noodles'. :P (I am a big fan of Noodles.)

Anyway, each bowl of 'Fishball Noodles' was relatively cheap and as you
can see, the amount of ingredients that was given were pretty generous.
As for the bowl of 'Noodles', it isn't too dry or too wet, which makes
the stirring process much more easier. In fact, since I love spicy
stuff, therefore I will pour all the various types of chilli into the
bowl and mixed them together. Although bean sprouts were not given, but
the taste of the chewy Noodles were so delicious that I finished it
within minutes. And the ridiculously hilarious point would be the fact
that I have emptied the bowl of Noodles and the whole bowl of soup and
ingredients still remain untouched. :P The taste of the ingredients
are pretty acceptable and the 'Fishballs' are pretty bouncy. Most
importantly the 'Fishballs' are pretty fresh and it doesn't come with
a fishy smell.

So where can you give this delicious bowl of 'Fishball Noodles' a try?
The name of this coffee shop would be 'Hua Bee Restaurant'(華美餐室).
It's located near 'Tiong Bahru Market'.
Although this place isn't facilitated with air-conditioning and the
interior is slightly a bit too gloomy, who cares about all these
unimportant stuff when the food over here are pretty amazing. :D

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    6am - 6pm Daily
    (Closed on Sundays)
* Click here for the location of 'Hua Bee Restaurant' on 'Google Maps'.

No comments:

Post a Comment