Tuesday 10 July 2012

This is not Cooking Mama......

Though I'm not a very big fan of Korean food, but once in a while, I think that a change of taste can make things pretty interesting and therefore, I decided to pay a nearby Korean restaurant a visit. :D


As for myself, what interest me most of the time, would be the
side dishes. Probably after I went for an overseas trip or two,
it seems that my interest for side dishes has increased rapidly.
To some extent, sometimes I think I was busy focusing and
savouring the side dishes more than the main dish. =.=""
What I love best about the Korean side dishes would be the variety
that they will be giving you. It can be a mixture of various kind
of tastes. Though one might not ended up finishing all the side
dishes, but there ought to be one that will suit your taste bud.
(Too bad, the side dishes of this place isn't refillable.)


'Suyuk' / Boiled Pork
Just by taking a look at this dish, it reminds me of the
infamous Chinese dish 'Beijing Duck'(北京烤鸭). You can
choose to either have a slice of boiled pork with or without
the cucumber slices or bean sprouts in spicy sauce.
This is my first attempt at this dish and it's pretty
good. Although only slices of Pork Belly are given,
but it's prepared in a healthier manner and the original
taste of the pork belly still remains in it. Perhaps
this can be part of a healthy diet? :P
(To some extent, the taste of this dish is pretty much
similar to the roast meat that you are getting at a
'Char Siew' rice stall. :D)
So where can you get this?

The name of this restaurant would be 'Big Mama'.
It's located along Kim Tian Road.
Notes:
  • For some reason, this restaurant seems to be pretty crowded most of the time and I would highly encourage you to make a reservation before making a trip to that place.
* Click here to find out more about 'Big Mama'.
^ Click here for the location of 'Big Mama' on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment