Thursday 26 July 2012

Not really a pot of Porridge...

Okay, basically I'm still an average person after all. I neither a robot nor an alien, eventually I still can get sick. Therefore, rather than keeping a lookout for sinful fried stuff, I decided to go for some simple stuff. :D

'Chicken Porridge' and 'Yam Cake'
This would be part of my dinner. A simple bowl of 'Chicken Porridge'
and a cube of 'Yam Cake'.

Let's talk about the 'Chicken Porridge' first. I love the way they
are separating the 'Porridge' and the 'You Tiao', which is a long
deep fried strip of dough. Though the 'You Tiao' that was given
isn't very crispy but at least it doesn't ended up to be too soft.
Besides for the 'You Tiao', the 'ikan bilis' are very tasty and it
sort of reminds me of the good old days where I can finish a few
bowls of plain porridge with 'ikan bilis' only. :P Though the taste
of the porridge is pretty normal but with the 'ikan bilis' that
comes with it, it has definitely boost the taste of the porridge to
a whole new level.

Next comes the 'Yam Cake'...
Although this 'Yam Cake' isn't something fantastically delicious,
but it's still pretty good. The owners have go the extra mile
cutting the 'Yam Cake' into 8 pieces. With the spring onions and
the sweet sauce and chilli sauce that can really blend together,
I think that one should really give this a try. :D

So where can you try this?

The name of the stall would be 'Porridge Pot'(一品粥)
and it's located inside 'Redhill Market'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours: 7am - 1.30pm, 6pm - 10.30pm Daily
  • Closed on Mondays

* Click here for the location of 'Redhill Market' on Google Maps.
^ Click here for some other delicacies that can be found in 'Redhill Market'.

No comments:

Post a Comment