Friday 23 November 2012

Crocodile Brand

Crocodile, what can we do with it? Well, the first thing that comes to your mind would most likely be the leather goods, but that isn't everything. What interest me would be the meat... Whahahahaha


'Crocodile Bak Kut Teh'(鳄鱼肉骨茶)
Looks pretty decent, which kinda took me by surprise. If I didn't place the
order myself, I wouldn't have realise the fact that this is a 'Crocodile
Bak Kut Teh' set, since the appearance looks pretty much similar to a normal
'Bak Kut Teh' set. (Hmmmm... I wonder am I expecting something funky?)


But as you start digging into the ingredients of the soup, things will
start to look more and more funky. :P Just for the meat that I'm getting,
besides for the body, I think that I'm getting one of the feet too. Just
by looking at the shape of it, simply explains everything. Taste wise, I
myself thinks that the crocodile meat is pretty much similar to pork. It's
pretty tender and chewy like pork meat, but probably due to the
overpowering herbal soup that comes with it, therefore I can't really
figure out the taste that comes with the meat. Probably I should go for
the other type of soup the next time round. Anyway if you cannot take
pork for some reason, you probably can give this a try. Trust me it's
a pretty good substitute for pork meat. (I'm not referring to the taste
of the meat only. The nutrition value of Crocodile meat seems to be
much more higher too. :D)

So where can you give Crocodile meat a try?

The name of the stall would be 'Crocodile Kingdom'(鳄鱼大王).
It's located inside 'Old Airport Road Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    10am - 10pm (Closed on Alternate Wednesday)
* Click here for the list of delicacies that you can get in 'Old Airport Road Food Centre'.
^ Click here for the location of "Old Airport Road Food Centre" on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment