Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Appealing Fragrance of...

Hokkien Mee, also known as 'Fried Prawn Noodles'. There's a saying as you start exploring new neighborhoods, it will open up more and more interesting new places to explore. The same thing has happened to me a few days ago. As I was on my way to a restaurant, there was this nice fragrance floating in the air. From the smell of it, I knew that that's the nice fragrance of 'Hokkien Mee' and it's damn appealing...

'Hokkien Mee'
When I was passing by the place in the afternoon, I saw this amazingly long
queue and I thought that I might ended up queuing up for a pretty long period
of time, but when I went back to the stall at night, I ended up queuing for
like 5 minutes only, which is pretty lucky. :)

The 'Hokkien Mee' over here can be pretty interesting. For a start, this
isn't soupy at all, it's pretty dry. On top of that, the base is a mixture
of the yellow noodles and thick rice vermicelli, topped with ingredients
like 'beansprouts', 'prawns' and 'squid'. After squeezing the lime and
and mixing the scoop of chilli into the plate of 'Noodles', things are
about to get better and better. I personally loved the part where every
single bite comes with a nice strong taste of charcoal fire. On top of
that, I'm also getting a delicious taste in every single bite, which is
very likely to be the soup stock that they have thrown in throughout the
process of preparing this dish. Well, delicious findings everyday and that
just makes my life more and more interesting. :P

So where can you give this a good try?
The name of this stall would be
'Original Serangoon Road Fried Hokkien Mee'(正孟加卡老招牌炒福建蝦面).
It'e located in one of the coffee shops located along 'Serangoon Road'.

Opening Hours:
  • Daily: 16:30 - 23:15
    (Closed on Mondays)

* Click here to find out more about 'Chicken Up'.
^ Click here for the Facebook page of 'Chicken Up'.
~ Click here for the location of 'Original Serangoon Road Fried Hokkien Mee'
  (正孟加卡老招牌炒福建蝦面) on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment