Thursday 3 July 2014

Getting Lucky with Wanton...

Can you really get lucky with 'Wanton'? I wonder. However, if one can really become lucky by eating 'Wanton' on a daily basis, then I don't mind giving it a shot. :P

In order to satisfy my hungry stomach and desire, rather than going for a plate
of 'Wanton' only, I decided to give the Dumplings a try too.

'Wanton Noodles'
For a start, I think that the noodles are not chewy and springy enough. In
fact, it's the slightly a bit more chewy and generous serving of 'Char Siew'
(Barbecued Pork) that persuade me to go on and on. This plate of noodles
might end up to be much more tastier if they have added a bit more sauce to
it and on top of that the 'Char Siew' requires a bit more effort improving it.
Currently, I find the Noodles a bit too dry even after I have spent a bit of
time stirring it. :| As for the 'Wanton', probably I have left it inside the
bowl of soup for too long, therefore they ended up to be a bit soggy. Though
there's a fair bit of meaty ingredients inside, but they are not as good as...

'Fried Dumpling'
Rather than serving it with a plate of mayonnaise, they are serving it with
a plate of sambal chilli over here. These golden brown 'Devils' are pretty good.
The crispy skin of these Dumplings are not too thick for a start and it's filled
with a generous portion of crunchy and meaty ingredients. After dipping it in
the chilli sauce, I quickly took a bit off one of them. Probably they have wrapped
a fair bit of ingredients inside each and every one of them, therefore I'm getting
the great sensation of the ingredients of the Dumpling bursting inside my mouth. :P

Compared to the normal 'Wanton', I think that the Deep Fried Dumplings fare much
better. However, even though the 'Wanton Noodles' over here is pretty normal, but
the great thing about it would be the price vs generous portion that makes it a
fairly good deal.

So where can you give the 'Fried Dumplings' a good try?
The name of this stall would be 'Lucky Wanton Noodle'(好彩雲吞面).
It's located inside 'Tanjong Pagar Market and Food Centre'.

Opening Hours:
  • 07:00 - 19:30 Daily
* Click here for the location of 'Tanjong Pagar Market and Food Centre' on 'Google Maps'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find and get in 'Tanjong Pagar Market and
  Food Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment