Tuesday 1 October 2013

Thai food hidden in a corner...

After giving the 'Japanese food' upstairs a good try, my stomach still have lots of space for food. Therefore, we ended up giving this place a try too.

'Tom Yum Soup Set Meal'
Most of the thai dishes that they are offering over here are mainly main dishes.
It would either be a set meal that includes a bowl of rice and a plate or bowl of
ingredient, or a plate of special 'Fried Rice','Phad Thai', etc... I ended up
giving the 'Tom Yum Soup' a try, since that was one of my favourite thai dishes.

My first impression of the 'Tom Yum Soup' was pretty good. Not only the colour of
the soup looks pretty appealing to me, and in terms of the amount of interesting
ingredients added into the bowl of 'Tom Yum Soup', I would say that they are pretty
generous. Ingredients like 'Golden Mushroom', 'Fish Balls', 'Prawns', 'Crab meat
sticks' have been added into the bowl of soup. As I slowly tuck into the food, the
nice mixture of sweet, sour and spicy taste of the soup is a (+), but the texture of
the soup is a bit too powderish for me. But this also means that there might be
chances that they might be using lots of spices rather than instant 'Tom Yum' paste
throughout the process of preparing the soup too. :D Anyway, the taste of the
'Tom Yum Soup' have blend nicely with the taste of each individual ingredients too.
As I bite the ingredients, I could also sense and taste the 'Tom Yum Soup' bursting
out of the ingredients too. :P (For me, the biggest drawback would be the fact that
the food over here isn't spicy enough.)

So where can you give the thai food over here a try?
The name of this place would be 'Afira Amazing Thai Food'.
It's located in one of the corners on level 1 of 'Far East Plaza'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    11:00 - 21:30
    (Closed on Sundays)
* Click here to find out more about 'Far East Plaza'.
^ Click here for the location of 'Far East Plaza' on 'Google Maps'.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies that you can find and get in 'Far East Plaza'.

No comments:

Post a Comment