Tuesday 25 June 2013

An Interesting Mix

Initially, due to the hot and humid weather outside, my mind was pretty much set on ordering a 'Cold Dessert'. But after my third or fourth look at the menu, I decided to go for a 'Hot Dessert' instead.

'Yam with Black Glutinous Rice'(芋头露与黑糯米)
Probably I haven't been keeping a lookout for desserts that come with lots of 'Yam'.
However, my interest for 'Yam' seems to have grown greatly recently. I was looking
at the menu and this has captured my immediate attention. Hence, I decided to give
this a good try.

After giving this dessert a thorough mix, I personally find it to be pretty nice.
For a start, every go at this dessert comes with a pretty nice fragrance of 'Yam'.
On top of that, the mixture doesn't end up to be too sticky or too watery. In fact
the texture is pretty good when it comes to 'Black Glutinous Rice'. Making a good
bowl of 'Black Glutinous Rice' can be pretty difficult, especially when you need
to ensure that the texture doesn't end up to be too sticky and the 'Glutinous Rice'
doesn't end up to be too soft and overcook. What they are serving over here is in
fact pretty nice. The 'Glutinous Rice' aren't too hard or too soft and as mentioned
earlier, the fragrance of it is pretty good too.

'Hot Desserts'
The above shows their menu for 'Hot Desserts', which is their speciality.

'Cold Desserts'
The above shows their menu for 'Cold Desserts'.

The name of this place is 'Dessert Hut'(甜品小屋).
They have a few outlets island-wide.
The above shows the outlet located inside 'People's Park Centre'.

Operating Hours:
  • 11:00 - 19:30

* Click here to find out more about 'Dessert Hut'(甜品小屋).
^ Click here for the location of 'People's Park Centre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment