Wednesday 12 June 2013

A Talking Bean

Pretty much similar to all my previous posts, I love to travel around Singapore and do a bit of exploring. And I will always keep a lookout for new places to dine, which is the most important reason why I love exploring. (Basically, if eating can be a hobby, I guess that it would be one of my favourite hobby.) Anyway, I ended up doing a bit of travelling to the North on a hot and sunny day and I managed to meet my friend over there. And...

'BeansTalk Signature'(招牌豆花)
After spending a bit of time Googling the exact location of this place,
we managed to find it and the both of us ended up giving their signature
dessert a good try.

After giving this dessert a try, one can easily relate the ingredients to
the name of this dessert stall. Basically, the helper of the stall has
added a big scoop of 'bean curd' into the cup, followed by a big scoop of
'grass jelly', followed by a few scoops of 'red beans', 'green beans',
'pinto beans', 'roasted nuts' and 'mini taro balls'. Basically, I love
beans and nuts, hence this is like a big 'Whao' to me and the relatively
low price is pretty attractive too. :D

By the way, you probably would want to mix all the ingredients together
before digging into it. But don't mix it too violently, otherwise some
of the ingredients might fall out and you seriously wouldn't want to
chop the 'grass jelly' and 'bean curd' into small pieces. Taste wise,
although these are merely ordinary ingredients, but with the correct
quantity, even the common ingredients can create something that is
extraordinary. As there's a mixture of both soft and hard ingredients
and ingredients with a completely different taste, each bite can give
you a completely new sensation, which made it pretty suitable for a
hot sunny day. :P (There's the bitter 'Grass Jelly', sweet 'Bean Curd',
crunchy nuts, etc...)

So where can you give the dessert a try?
The name of this stall would be 'Beans Talk'.
They currently have a few outlets island-wide and the photo above
shows the outlet located at 'Toa Payoh Central'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    11:00 - 22:00
  • On top of their 'BeansTalk Signature', I have also gave the 'Grass Jelly Special' a try too. Although the ingredients were pretty much similar, but in terms of taste, I still find the 'BeansTalk Signature' to be much more better. Anyway, you can also D.I.Y your own dessert over here too. :P
* Click here for the Facebook Page of 'Beans Talk'.
^ Click here for the location of 'Beans Talk' at 'Toa Payoh Central' on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment