Tuesday 21 May 2013

Is this the King of Satay...?

Since I already had a great dinner, I was browsing around the same Hawker Centre, trying to look for something different to satisfy my big appetite. I found this stall preparing and selling 'Black Pepper Satays' and as I was about to place my orders when the helpers of the stall told me that all the satay were completely sold out. My jaws dropped... Since I have set my target, therefore I decided to go around the Hawker Centre looking for Satays and...

A plate of Chicken and Pork Satays and Rice
For a start, the stall owner has also added pineapple into the peanut satay sauce,
which makes it different from the usual peanut satay sauce. Just by dipping one of
the satay stick into the sauce, it have added a bit of peanuts and a sweet taste
onto the meat itself.

As for the rice, it was a little bit too small, but it definitely comes with a very
nice Pandan fragrance.

The succulent and juicy satays are something that one can really look forward to.
And before I forget, the stall over here are using charcoal to prepare and make
all the delicious satay sticks, which is a very big (+). I personally find food
that are using charcoal to prepare it to taste and smells much better. Currently
it's 50 cents per stick, but for the price that you are paying and the delicious
and tender meat that you are getting, I personally find this stall worth trying.
(By the way, the satays looks pretty attractive and delicious too.)

The name of this stall would be 'Chuan Kee Satay'(選記沙爹王).
It's located inside 'Old Airport Road Food Centre'.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays: 6pm - 10pm
    Sundays: 1pm - 10pm
  • By the way, if you are thinking of getting this for dinner, please be mentally prepared to wait for at least 30 minutes or more.
* Click here for the list of delicacies that you can get in 'Old Airport Road Food Centre'.
^ Click here for the location of "Old Airport Road Food Centre" on Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment