Wednesday 15 May 2013

For the Nonya snacks...

Basically with a big crazy appetite of mine, it isn't a difficult task for an individual to realise how much I love to snack. It can range from various types of bread, 'Kueh', tidbits, etc... Therefore since I am passing by this place the other day, therefore...

'Mini Dumpling'
Although they have this snack the name of a 'Dumpling', but I think that I have been
cheated. The overall texture and taste of this 'Dumpling' is pretty much similar to
a 'Lemper Udang'. Basically, the main fillings inside the 'Dumpling' are the pale
coloured spicy prawns. Well, although I loved the spicy taste of this, but I was
expecting a mini Chinese Dumpling that has glutinous rice and mushrooms and such...

'Nonya Dumpling'
I have to admit that the overall taste of this 'Dumpling' is pretty nice, especially
when most of the fillings inside the 'Dumpling' are mainly, minced meat and Nonya
spices. And I also love the somehow spicy sensation that the Dumpling is giving me.
But compared to this, I still prefers the other type of Dumplings that comes with
lots of mushrooms, mushrooms and ore mushrooms. :P (I wonder which is much more
important, the mushroom or ...? Anyway, I'm just being bias over here.)

'Nonya Kueh'
Besides of the large variety of 'Dumplings' that they are making and selling themselves,
they are also making and selling different types of 'Nonya Kueh' too.

So where can you give all these snacks a try?
The name of this shop would be 'Kim Choo'(金珠).
They currently have a few branches island-wide but it seems that all of them are
in the East of Singapore.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    10am - 8pm

* Click here to find out more about 'Kim Choo'(金珠).
^ Click here for one of the branches of 'Kim Choo'(金珠) on Google Maps.
~ Click here for the list of delicacies located near 'East Coast Road'.

No comments:

Post a Comment