Wednesday 1 May 2013

Eating vegetables under the Sun?

I haven't had vegetarian Japanese food for quite some time, ever since the Japanese vegetarian restaurant (Zen) had suspended their business due to the ongoing construction works at midland plaza. Therefore when I found out about the new Japanese vegetarian restaurant, I decided to give it a try. :D

'Avocado Maki Roll'
Since I haven't been drinking 'Avocado juice' for quite some time, therefore
I decided to give this Sushi a go. How should I put this, although the taste
of the 'Avocado' is pretty nice, but I personally don't find it strong enough.

'Shitake Mushrooms with Cheese'
As compared to the sushi, this is definitely a much better choice. I think
that the Japanese Shitake(mushroom) was deep-fried and prepared in the same
manner as the Shitake tempura, followed by the step of putting a scoop of
cheese on top of it and threw it into the microwave and let the cheese melt
all over the shitake. Hence it end up to be super yummy and crunchy. As I took
a bite off the Shitake, the cheese were melting inside my mouth and to some
extend, the taste and texture of the cheese reminds me of a good mayonnaise
sauce. This would definitely be one of the good dishes that I would highly
recommend you to give it a try.

'Sashimi Set'
Although it's known as a 'Sashimi Set', but frankly speaking, I think that
the 'Sashimi' taste pretty bad. As for the rest of the dishes that comes
with the set meal, although the 'vegetarian' Tonkatsu isn't as good as
the genuine thing, but the crunchy texture and the taste were pretty
acceptable. The long beans and assorted vegetables combination were pretty
nice too. The not overly fried long beans are pretty crunchy and the portion
that was given were pretty generous too. One thing that I loved about this set
meal would be the Japanese pickles that was included in this set meal. The
taste of it simply reminds me of the good old days when I'm travelling in Japan.
According to my friend that was dining with me that day, some of the chef over
here used to be working at the infamous 'Zen Japanese Vegetarian Restaurant'
back then, which pretty much explains why the looks and the taste of the dessert,
salad and miso soup look so familiar.

So where can you give all these delicious looking Japanese vegetarian food a try?
The name of this restaurant would be 'Bespoke Japanese Vegetarian Dining'(藤).
It's located inside 'Sunshine Plaza'.

Notes:
  • Lunch : 11.30am - 3pm
    Dinner: 5.30pm - 10pm (Daily)
* Click here for the location of 'Sunshine Plaza'.
^ Click here for the list of delicacies that can be found in 'Sunshine Plaza'.

No comments:

Post a Comment