Wednesday 18 September 2013

The secret behind the shiokness....

Since I was spending some time browsing through some magazines(food magazines, what else...) in 'Kinokuniya'(Takashimaya Branch), therefore I decided to walk over to 'Wisma Atria' and give the infamous Japanese Food in the food court a good try.

After queueing up for an hour or so, I finally got a seat. But, the one of the
waitress over here suddenly told me very amusing. She told me that I could just
ask for a counter seat much much earlier since I'm dining alone. I was kinda
annoyed because there's no indication and the same waitress was asking me the
number of people dining together more than half an hour earlier. Anyway I ended
up placing for the 'Shiok Maki' and the 'Shiok Maki 2nd Generation'.

'Shiok Maki'
Basically, this is a normal 'Sushi' roll that is stuffed with 'Avocado' and
'Grilled Unagi(Eel)' and it's covered with a slice of lightly roasted 'Salmon'.
That's not all, besides for the slice of 'Salmon' that's covering the 'Sushi'
roll, it's topped with a generous spread of 'Mayonnaise' and 'Fish Roe' too.

Taste wise, since I have a big mouth, I would pop a big piece of 'Shiok Maki'
into my mouth directly. The small 'Fish Roe' that will gradually create
delicious sparks inside my mouth, topped with the sweet taste of the mayonnaise
and the nice taste of 'Grilled Unagi', 'Roasted Salmon' and 'Avocado' have pretty
much explains why the 'Shiok Sushi' is so infamous and so 'Shiok' at the same time.

'Shiok Maki 2nd Generation'
As for the 2nd Generation, it's pretty much similar to the original 'Shiok Maki',
but the 'Grilled Unagi(eel) and 'Avocado' have been replaced by the 'Fried Prawns'
and the nice sweet 'Mayonnaise' have been replaced by 'Mango Sauce'. Although
the 'Fried Prawns' are pretty crispy, but I don't find it as good as the
original 'Shiok Maki'. Probably because the most outstanding ingredient in the
'2nd Generation' would be the 'Fried Prawns' and it have overshine the presence
of the 'Salmon' and all the other ingredients.

The name of this place would be 'Koh Grill & Sushi Bar', which is
located inside 'Food Republic'. And 'Food Republic' is located on
level 4 of 'Wisma Atria Shopping Mall'.

Notes:
  • Opening Hours:
    11:30 - 22:30 Daily
* Click here to find out more about 'Wisma Atria Shopping Mall'.

No comments:

Post a Comment