Wednesday 5 March 2014

When you can keep both...

'鱼与熊掌', this is a Chinese Idiom. It means that you can't have both fish and bear's paw. You will have to choose one of them. However, this doesn't apply to the foodie world. You can actually have both of them at the same time. Introducing...

'Fish Fillet Burger'
Basically, this ended up looking like a toy more than a fast food to me.
Anyway, you get to D.I.Y the burger that you want. First of all, you have
the choose the main ingredient, either Fish or Chicken. After that, you
have to choose a 'Paw' out of 6 different flavours, which is 'Milk', 'Yam',
'Whole Grain','Brown Sugar','Japanese Curry' or 'Squid Ink'. I ended up
choosing 'Japanese Curry'. Well, most of the burgers out there are topped
with a sauce. Same goes over here, you have to choose a sauce out of 6
different sauces. There's 'Black Pepper', 'Tar Tar', 'Golden Cheese',
'Mushroom', 'Thai Chilli' and 'Honey Mustard'. Well, that's 'Black Pepper'
for me.

Taste wise, I think that this is pretty normal. Even though the taste of
the 'Paw' has added an additional taste to the burger, but the additional
taste just isn't strong/nice enough. Or probably I have to go with the
funky selections to spice up the taste a bit. (Ex: 'Squid Ink Paw' +
'Honey Mustard'.) By the way, I do admit that the burger looks kinda cute
but taste wise it's pretty normal and the potion is kinda small for me. :|

'D-I-Y Fries'
By topping up a bit more, you can get the 'D-I-Y Fries' rather than the
usual natural cut fries. Basically the difference between the 'D-I-Y Fries'
and the normal natural cut fries would be the extra sauce that comes with
it. Basically, you just choose a sauce out of the 6 listed in the above. I
don't remember what's the sauce I ended up choosing but I do remember that
the texture and the original taste of the fries were pretty good. But there
are more and more fast food restaurants nowadays that are offering 'natural
cut fries'. Therefore if you continue to offer the normal fries, you will lose
out to the competitors in the competitive market of fries.

So where can you give the cute burgers a try?
The name of this fast food restaurant would be 'Bear Bites'(熊の食).
The above shows the second outlet that is located on basement 1
of Bugis Junction.

Notes:
  • Operating Hours:
    Weekdays, Saturdays: 10:30 - 22:30
    Sundays: 12:00 - 22:30
* Click here to find out more about 'Bear Bites'(熊の食).
^ Click here for the 'Facebook' page of 'Bear Bites'(熊の食).

No comments:

Post a Comment